Member Log In
Posted by: NTN Admin | Date: November 16, 2009
This easy and enjoyable trek in the Pokhara region offers good mountain views, including Machhapuchhare and Annapurna without long trekking days or long steep ascents. This trek is ideal for those who have never tried trekking before and is suitable for families.
Detail Itinerary :
Day 01 - Arrival in kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to your hotel.
Day 02 - Sightseeing / Cultural Day in Kathmandu Valley
Half day sightseeing around Kathmandu where your guide will escort you on a tour of Buddhist and Hindu temples and shrines reflecting ancient local traditions. There is time to explore the city?s many places of interest on your own or take a rest while trekking permits are finalised.
Day 03 - Kathmandu to Pokhara
Fly or drive to Pokhara, from where you will depart on your trek. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 04 - Pokhara to Kalikasthan (1370m)
Take breakfast before an early morning departure at 7am for Pokhara (200km), approximately 30 minutes of flight time. Drive to Bijayapur Khola to start the trek from there. We walk about an hour through the flat rice fields and across the river. If you are taking this trek in the summer the river may be hard to cross if it is flooded. After crossing the river the trail starts to ascend to Kalikasthan. Lunch will be served at the middle of the climb. After arriving at Kalikasthan camp will be set up at the top of the grassy verge (4 hrs).
Day 05 - Kalikasthan to Syaglung (1730m)
After breakfast, we start walking through the villages of Thulokot to Mati Thana where you can enjoy a teashop lunch. you would on the forested ridge of the mountain with good views of Annapurna and Lamjung Himal. After ascending to Lipini you will arrive at Syanglung where you will set up camp (4 hrs).
Day 06 - Syaglung to Chisapani (2194m)
Walk through Gurung Village with a small but lovely marketplace you will continue through rhododendron and Sal forests. Halfway through the walk there is a 400 meter descent and 600 meter ascent on an easy path before arriving at Chisopani - this is the best point to see the Himalayan Panorama. You will see Dhaulagiri (8167m) to the west of Annapurna. you set up camp a short distance from this village, near a ridge-top temple (4 hrs).
Day 07 - Chisapani to Pokhara
you walk half way downhill to Rupa Tal and climb about 200 meters before arriving at Suyndare Danda and walk 15 minutes down to Begnas Tal for an hour?s boating to catch the transfer to Pokhara. Stay overnight in Pokhara.
Day 08 - Pokhara to Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 09 - Kathmandu
Departure from Kathmandu.
- Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek | February 13, 2010
- Ghandruk Trekking - 07 Days | January 28, 2010
- Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | January 28, 2010
- Jomsom - Muktinath Trek (Trek in/Fly out) | January 28, 2010
- Annapurna Circuit Trek | January 27, 2010
- Everest Kalapathar Trek | January 25, 2010
- Everest Gokyo Valley Trek | January 02, 2010
- Everest Base Camp Trek -12 Days | January 02, 2010
- Jiri-Everest Trek | January 02, 2010
- Nar and Phu Valley Trek | November 16, 2009
- Siklis Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Annapurna Panchase Trek | November 16, 2009
- Royal Trekking | November 16, 2009
- Helambu Sherpa Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Langtang Gosainkunda Trek | November 16, 2009